The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat® Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack® Neutron. Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Learn to deploy, manage, and configure storage and OpenStack
Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Course content summary
- Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Manage snapshots in Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Access Ceph storage through Ceph block device (RBD) and Ceph object gateway (RADOSGW)
- Configure Red Hat Ceph Storage as a storage back end for OpenStack Services
- Manage networks based on VXLAN, VLAN and GRE
- Deploy and using load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS) in OpenStack Neutron
- Troubleshoot Neutron issues
Audience for this course:
Experienced Linux® system administrators responsible for managing OpenStack environments who want to learn:
- To configure scalable and distributed storage as a storage back end for OpenStack
- The advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron
Prerequisites for this course
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack certification or equivalent experience
- Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210) course
The Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX310) is a performance-based exam that tests your ability to integrate Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® OpenStack® Platform services with Red Hat Ceph Storage and implement advanced networking features utilizing the OpenStack Neutron service. In order to become a Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack, you must also be a current Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) in Red Hat OpenStack.